Friday, August 17th
- Restaurant Week 2012: It’s Back!!! Running August 15-25, this is the perfect time to have a night out and try something new at one of those restaurants that always seemed intriguing, but never practical for a weekday night. Some restaurants offer two-can-dine for $25 while many offer $25/person. All features are three courses designed to delight your tastebuds. $1 from each diner’s meal will go to support the GRCC Culinary Scholarship Program and don’t forget to check out the Grand Cocktail 2012 contest while you’re out-and-about!
- Danish Festival: In downtown Greenville, this year’s theme is “Snow Queen”. Approximately 80,000 people attend this event every year to participate in arts and crafts, theater, food booths, the Grand Dansk Parade, tractor pulls and hot air balloon rides (weather permitting). Runs through the 19th.
- Grant Festival Kick-off- Start the weekend of classic events such as: Texas Hold ‘Em, Family 5K, Pancake Breakfast, Talent Show, Auto Show, Chili-Cook Off on Friday night in downtown Grant. Click the link for a full schedule of events.
- Military Boot Camp Challenge: Looking for something a little more intense? The downtown YMCA will be hosting a three day, two night event simulation of basic training. Both physical and mental challenges await you (along with meals and a t-shirt) with local military personell as your leaders. Think of it as a real insanity work-out.
Saturday, August 18th
- GrAndJazz: An all day jazz festival highlighting Michigan based jazz artists held at Rosa Parks Circle. Community leaders hope to make this an annual event in celebrating the arts in our fabric of community.
- GR’s Got Talent: Spend the afternoon viewing the best-of-the-best in West Michigan. Choose between the Youth or Adult Divisions for $10 each presale or $15 for both. Local celebs will judge the event and ultimately grant a $1000 prize to the area’s most talented!
- Kids’ Food Basket Family Gala: Come out to Riverside Park to celebrate a decade of great work by this organization. Fundraising, entertainment, and motivational speakers will be there to get the community primed for the next 10 years of impact.
Sunday, August 19th
- Gaslight Criterium: Come out for Gaslight Village’s annual all-day bike race. The day will begin around 8 am and clear out around 5 in the pm.
- West Michigan Whitecaps: Summer is winding down and if you haven’t hit the baseball diamond yet, there are only a few weeks left to do so! As always, Sunday is Helen DeVos’ Family Day where the first 1,000 kids eat for free and all kids get a chance to run the bases after the game. Co-sponsored by Bob Evans.