Grand Rapids Weekend Events
Thursday, August 30th
- GRYP and BLEND Event: Sponsored in part by your very own Steve Volkers Group, this event is a chance for area young professionals to network while supporting a good cause. This month is aimed at supporting the Boys and Girls Club of Grand Rapids by raising donations for school supplies and backpacks. We’ll be at the Blue Water Grill between 5:30-8:30 and would love to see you there!
Friday, August 31st
- Fitness Fridays: Join Lululemon and 8th Day Gym for Free Fitness Fridays. Take a Crossfit class between 3:30-4:30 and feel the burn like many professional and elite atheletes do. If you’ve ever wondered, “Am I tough enough?”, this is a great place to start to find out!
- Soul of the City: All weekend long there will be live performances of 70′s and 80′s R&B headliners at Rosa Parks Circle. Funk Jam will be a free event surrounded by food and information booths full of flavor.
- Shoreline Spectacular: Ross Park (not to be confused with Rosa Parks) in Muskegon will host a weekend long event full of various ways to keep cool, have fun, and raise money for different local causes.
Saturday, September 1st
- Quilts and Their Stories: Part of the 11th Annual Quilt Show, over 150 quilts are on display. As you stroll through the Coopersville Farm Museum & Event Center, you can read each quilt’s story and have the opportunity to meet with the makers themselves. This year’s Special Theme is Log Cabin Variations. Includes a complimentary gift with each paid admission.
- Summer Gallery Series: Join in the Opening Reception at Lafontsee Galleries in Downtown Douglas between between 5-8 pm. “Color Context” is this month’s theme which will feature local and national artists; everyone is welcome and dress is casual.
Sunday, September 2nd
- Roots Trail Running Group: Join a group that finds joy in all things trail running. This week they’ll be getting in stride at Cannonsburg Ski Area. Every week is a different trail, so make sure you check in to see where the group is going that week.
Monday, September 3rd
- “Grand Crossings”: Grand Rapids’ own Labor Day Bridge Walk. Join Mayor Heartwell at Ah-Nab-Awen Park at 8 am and get ready to walk as many as 5 miles through downtown Grand Rapids- as much as the Mackinac Bridge just without the drive!
- Happy Labor Day! Enjoy the extra day off
Grand Rapids Real Estate for Sale near the Blue Water Grill