Since competition for houses tends to decrease in the fall months, it may be the ideal season for us to help you buy or sell! When it comes to selling a home, it also may be the best time for you and your family to make this financial decision because all of the summer vacations have ended, the kids are finally back at school, and the holidays have come to a short pause until Thanksgiving. There are many ways to attract the home buyer this season and we have some insights about making a real estate purchase this time fall!
There are some maintenance tasks that should be done before you put your house on the market this fall! Don’t forget to…
- Rake up the yard, you want to create a nice curb appeal for potential buyers and the fall can get messy
- Wash your windows to rid of all of the rain and wind we have seen this summer (the cleaner the better!)
- Since your fire place hasn’t been used probably for a few months, make sure to clean it out before you start it up again
- Add some fall colors to the home and make use of these accents for a more cozy environment
- Lastly, bake some fall treats and offer them to potential buyers- who doesn’t love fall goodies?!
Looking ahead to the next few months, the real estate market has a pretty high chance of remaining solid. Sellers will be all in and inventory is actually pretty low. Luckily, the fall allows you to take advantage of those end-of-summer sales to better your home. If you are looking to buy, here are some thoughts you should consider before moving forward with this purchase:
- Do you want to get ahead of mother nature and be settled before the winter season approaches?
- Owning a home can actually yield great portions in tax returns this time of the year.
- Since there are always more homes to see and to choose from, don’t rush into home buying if it is not the best time for you & your family!
Click here to see some new construction homes in the area!