It is that time of the year where we join together with family & friends to head to the beach, the lake, and the BBQ! Some people may ask “What exactly is Labor Day?” Overall, this end of the summer wrap up party is a recognition of all of your hard work. Are you looking for some events to attend this weekend in the Grand Rapids region and surrounding areas? Are you struggling with something to make for that BBQ? What drink should you sip on as you enjoy the time off? Luckily for you, Steve Volkers Group has compiled a list of fun activities, ideas & yummy food and beverages to help make this Labor Day Weekend the most enjoyable yet.
I recommend the Labor Day Parade in Holland, MI! The parade starts at 9:15 a.m. in downtown Zeeland and then heads to downtown Holland, ending with an Ice Cream Social! YUM!
No plans for Labor Day? That’s cool too. When looking for inexpensive entertainment ideas for Labor Day, you’re limited only by your imagination! Here are some ideas of some Labor Day fun if you are looking to stay home this holiday weekend:
- Outdoor movie night and campout in you own yard
- Find local fireworks
- Host your own BBQ and invite friends, family & the neighbors
- Try new recipes with the kids
- Have fun with a blow up pool in the backyard
- Yard games, such as corn hole, backyard jenga and horseshoes are always a hit too
- Make homemade art supplies with the kids
- Turn your Labor Day into a fun brunch rather than a BBQ, stage your backyard with a morning picnic feel
- Incorporate a fire pit in the backyard
- Go on a family bike ride through the local park
If the summer has to end so soon, we might as well enjoy some great food. You can’t beat some good ribs and a nice, fresh mojito! Follow these links for some great food & drink options.
No matter your plans, let’s all kick back this weekend, relax and enjoy this fun time with our loved ones.